Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Traveling and eating

Culinary travel, I learned at a workshop this weekend, is hot. Eating different foods, sampling different cuisines has always been one of the joys of travel for me, whether domestic or foreign.

After our first trip to Santa Fe, someone asked what we did there. Our reply was, "We got up and had breakfast. Then we had lunch. And after a while we had drinks, and then dinner." Obviously, we went to art galleries and museums, we trekked around Tesuque, we went shopping off the plaza and at the flea market, but first and foremost we went to restaurants, bars and cafes.

Sometimes I've worked these culinary experiences into other blogs, but my intention now is to devote this blog to food and drink outside the Washington metro area. When I'm not actually traveling, I may find other topics combining food and travel. I will try to be better about photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment